The holiday season is speedy approaching & although the recession may soon finish, people are still a bit cost-conscious in regards to party entertaining. When it comes to holiday party ideas & cocktail parties, people still desire the highest return on their investment even if it is a cocktail party where you are serving party finger foods. You can throw cheap yet elegant cocktail parties quickly & basically. Here are a few menu suggestions & event dÃ©cor tips to help you be the host or hostess with the largest bang for your buck.
Theme – Everything That is Elderly is New Again
Party Entertaining & Event DÃ©cor
– Host an open house & monitor your invitation list.
– Re-use your table linen from earlier cocktail parties but add a decorative overlay or table runner.
– Purchase candles. They are an cheap event dÃ©cor item that generate ambiance & set the holiday mood. Holiday party ideas using candles include colored pillar candles & votives, hurricanes wrapped with natural greens such as holly, pine or flowers such as red roses or white hydrangeas.
– Substitute your iPod for a DJ or Band.
– Buy seasonal greens & fresh flowers at the market & generate your own centerpieces or place loose greens & flowers on your buffet as accent pieces.
– Cluster groupings of flowers on your dinner table in lieu of buying vases.
Here is a great event dÃ©cor tip combining ambiance & style for your holiday table.
– Get tall glass containers either square or cylinder formed & then take stem of a flower such as a cymbidium orchid or a grouping of roses or tulips & submerge them in water.
– Place the rocks, crystals or glass stones on the bottom of the container & stick the stem or grouping of flowers in these stones to hold the flowers down on the bottom of the container. You can also mix in lighted plastic neon ice cubes & hold them down as well using the stones as an anchor.
– Add the water & the floating candle & there you have a submerged arrangement using candles. For more help visit .
Party Entertaining with Party Finger Foods & a Holiday Specialty Drink
of the lots of holiday party ideas you can use to help you maintain your budget when giving cocktail parties is to include an anti-pasta buffet as part of your menu. Anti-pasta stations are a great way to serve lots of people inexpensively. Cheeses, dried fruits, crostini & breadsticks, canapÃ©s, cured meats, dips & bite-size desserts are party finger foods that are basically available at any market & are speedy & effortless to prepare & display. Have tiny plastic plates & cocktail napkins on the buffet to prevent those with eyes wider than their stomachs from taking over they will eat at these cocktail parties. If it is a nighttime affair, serve a holiday alcoholic & non-alcoholic specialty drink along with wine, beer, sodas & waters to keep away from serving a full-bar. For more help visit .